PLEASE READ PAST STORIES TO GET A SENSE OF OUR CONTENT
- Stories must be at least 800 words in length.
- Include a minimum of three photos (see guidelines for photo submission below). We prefer a selection of photos that we can choose from. For a feature story, we may use up to 10 photos. Pictures of your thematic subject should range from close-ups, mid-range, long range, horizontal and vertical shots.
- Include URL's to three sites that provide additional information or insight into topics/places you have mentioned in your article. List each site by the plain text name with the hyperlink at the end of the article under a section entitled “Links.”
- Provide social media links for all places or parties you cite.
- Titles for each story should be a maximum of 80 characters including spaces.
- Submit in .jpg format. Submitting high-resolution photos is OK. RoverTreks uses a plugin that reduces the size of all photos uploaded to the site. This eliminates the need for you to resize photos for uploading.
- Please embed titles and captions with your photos before you upload them to the RoverTreks website. Photos should be your original work.
- Ensure photos illustrate your article throughout. Video links to your own work from Vimeo, YouTube and other well-known sources are acceptable.
- Stock photos or those from media sources for the properties/locales that you cite can be submitted when there is something important for which you do not have an original photo. Clearly identify photos not taken by you and include any guidelines that the source has for crediting their photos online.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
GUEST AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS
Please submit the following if you wish to participate as a guest author:
- Your proposal for a story or draft story approved by us;
- Submit stories in plain text (not created in MS-Word, Apple Pages, or other word processor application programs)
- Supporting photos. Do NOT embed photos in Word documents.
- Send your pitch or draft story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we don't know you or you are not a verified member of a known travel journalist association, we'll need to verify your identity before we publish stories under your name.
- Simply scan a valid picture ID, redact any privacy data (like a social security number, date of birth, etc.) and send us the redacted scan.
- Provide us with other information that proves you are a real person (organizational affiliation, business, etc.)
- We need proof you are a real person because we receive Email solicitations from hackers, scammers, and sham marketing fronts seeking to use our site as a conduit point on the Internet to publish redirects to hostile sites or embed hostile code in stories and photos on our site.